Saturday, February 9, 2013

Swirly Crustless Quiche from Practical Paleo



This is the swirly crustless quiche recipe from the Practical Paleo cookbook. This recipe is not available online from Practical Paleo or I would happily link it!

I've been going back and forth every shopping trip if I should make this or not. The photo in the cookbook looks amazing, but carrots in my eggs? That's just weird. But this time I finally just bit the bullet and made it. I was worried, this quiche recipe takes 12 eggs! That's a lot of eggs! First off, it was hard to swirl so mine didn't look anything like the pretty swirly photo in the cookbook but that's ok. I also think either my eggs were smaller OR my carrots were much bigger than hers because my egg:veggie ratio was a little off. I hesitantly served myself up a place, it felt warm enough (I walked my kids to school right after this came out of the oven), but after eating it I wish I had warmed it up a little as it was pretty close to room temp. It was a different flavor, the sweetness of the carrots is not a flavor I have tasted with eggs before. I liked it, I won't say it was my favorite breakfast but I would make it again for sure. My kids have not tried it, but my husband really liked it a lot.

I have made many recipes from the Practical Paleo cookbook, this one is a good reason for you to buy the book if you don't have it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment