Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tomato Soup w/ Chicken from Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook



The cookbook I got this recipe from can be purchased here http://www.amazon.com/dp/1936608634

The Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook is another of my favorites. I have made this soup probably three or even four times in the past six weeks. My husband declares this the best tomato soup he has ever had. The first time I made this I boiled some chicken breast and shredded them. The second time I broiled some chicken and shredded it, and this last time I used leftover chicken thighs that I shredded. My opinion, I prefer the soup without the chicken, but my husband loved the soup with the chicken. My kids really like the soup a lot, enough that when I say we're having it for dinner they are happy. I usually make some changes to the recipe, and while I won't post the recipe here because it's only available in the cookbook, I will share my additions. I always double the recipe. There are 4 of us who eat the soup and I like leftovers, doubling the recipe always yields plenty of leftovers. I also always add two cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes. I don't skin my tomatoes either.A double batch does take longer to puree, I have to do it in two batches in the vitamix, but it's worth it.

If you don't have the Everyday Paleo family Cookbook, I would recommend buying it for this recipe alone! It's that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment